CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Nothing New

I often log into my own blog and find myself disappointed that there is noting new to look at. I say to myself "Duh, you are the only one who updates this." I really have to figure out how to give Tim publishing rights to our blog so he can start adding a little content.

Today is February 12th, and I cannot believe that February is almost half over. Tomorrow night we have to finish the Valentine cards for Athena's class, and of course I didn't just pick up a box of cheep cards that Athena can just write her name on and be done with it...I have to come up with some grandiose foamy craft project. Sometimes I wonder why I make life so hard on myself. Why didn't I just buy 20 little boxes of conversation hearts? Kids love those things (or at least I love them). No little kid is going to oooh and ahhh over these foamy Valentines. I could have spent $1.00 for a box of cards, and 15 minutes with Athena as she wrote her name 20 times, but instead I spent an undisclosed amount of money (omitted so Tim never realizes how much I actually spent) and a few hours trying to figure out how to make these things in such a way that Athena can actually help make them, besides just writing her name on the bottom of the card.

I tell myself, "Next year. Next year I will just take the easy way out. Next year I am going to remember how crazy this was. Next year Tim is in charge of Valentines Day."

2 comments:

Amy E. said...

Ahhh...overcomplication! Must be a "Smith" trait. I found myself thinking the very same thoughts as I made sugar cookie dough, baked 2 dozen heart shaped cookies and made frosting for our Beehive class activity Tuesday night. Next year I'm buying the premade dough, assigning girl's to bake the cookies, and buying frosing by the pound from Albertson's bakery.

bella utahan said...

I think we all have GREAT talents that produce thoughts of amazing things! But we dont always have the time! I guess we live and learn, hopefully right?